So…here it goes, my first blog post. I am starting with the end in mind.
I’ve heard it said, “Happiness is your birthright.” What?
We are living, conscious human beings. When we are nurtured and surround ourselves with light, our souls naturally gravitate to harmony and balance and happiness grows within us.
What keeps you from happiness? Are you stuck? Well, stuck is unkind. Even downright disagreeable.
When it comes to happiness, there can be a bewildering array of pathways prescribed…but I want my thoughts to be simple and easy to access at anytime.
So here is a Checklist:
Happy am I: The Seven Steps to happiness by Yogi Bhajan
- COMMITMENT ~ In every life you are MEANT to COMMIT COMMIT-MEANT!!! Commitment gives you CHARACTER.
- CHARACTER ~ When all your characteristics…all facets, flaws, and facts…are under your control. Yin and yang meet there, totally balanced. Character gives you DIGNITY.
- DIGNITY ~ People start trusting you, liking you, respecting you. Dignity will give you DIVINITY.
- DIVINITY ~ What is divinity? Divinity is when people have no duality about you. They trust you right away. They have no fear about you. Divinity gives you GRACE.
- GRACE ~ Where there is grace, there is no interference, no gap between two people, no hidden agenda. Grace gives you the POWER TO SACRIFICE.
- POWER TO SACRIFICE ~ You can stand any pain for that person. That sacrifice gives you HAPPINESS.
Check to see where you are and tomorrow, check again. Each step of this process builds on the other as you progress on your journey.
Remember ~ in the end ~ The HIGHEST, TRUEST, NOBLEST, STRONGEST kind of Happiness is Charity to your fellow being.
See you in a few…